Before linking your JOIN account and Wahoo bike computer, make sure that you have the latest version of both the ELEMNT/BOLT firmware installed and the most current version of the ELEMNT companion mobile app for iOS or Android.
- Open the Wahoo ELEMNT Companion App, link your TrainingPeaks account (make sure you are using the ELEMNT Companion app and not the Wahoo Fitness or Utility apps).
- Under "Profile" select "Linked Accounts".
- Select the TrainingPeaks option to authorize the sync.
- This will sync your planned, structured JOIN workouts to your Wahoo ELEMNT head unit and will upload completed workouts to your TrainingPeaks account.
Viewing and Following your Planned Structured Workouts
There are 2 ways to sync your planned workouts to your device:
1. Via the ELEMNT Companion app
- Under the "Ride" tab select "Planned workouts".
- Sort by "schedule" to sync your planned workout from TrainingPeaks.
- You can then select the correct workout for the day to sync it to your ELEMNT over Bluetooth.
2. Via WiFi:
- If your Wahoo ELEMNT is connected to your home or work Wifi network, planned workouts for the current day and the next 5 days will automatically sync to your Wahoo ELEMNT.
- If a workout is scheduled for today, a notification will pop up on your screen.
- Click “More”, this will take you to your Workout Library where you can select your workout.
- You can also find your Workout Library from the “Planned Workouts Detail” page via the middle button.
- Scroll to the "Planned Workouts".
Setting up your Training Zones on your ELEMNT Device
Check that the Training Zones on your ELEMNT device match your TrainingPeaks settings.
In the ELEMNT Companion app:
- Go to Profile and scroll down to Power to set your FTP and Training Zones.
- Scroll to Heart Rate Zones to set the right Heart Rate Threshold and Training Zones.
- Do not auto calculate. Instead, manually enter your Training Zones to reflect those in your TrainingPeaks account.